Wednesday, March 14, 2018

A Technique Junkie Challenge

If you follow Technique Junkies on Facebook, then you know there are two challenges right now. The challenges also show in the Design Team blog.  Here is the first challenge:

https://techniquejunkies.blogspot.com/2018/02/new-challenge-spring-atcs.html.  The challenge is to make a Spring ATC with Technique Junkies stamps.  If you don't know -- an ATC means artist Trading Card and they have a very specific size - 2 1/2 by 3 1/2 inches.  This is the very same size as sports trading cards.  So here is my ATC for this challenge: 


I used Little Bunny - www.techniquejunkies.com/little-bunny/ - a Technique Junkies Stamp of course.  I used Copic markers to color in the bunny and I used one to draw some grass. Then I address some Some Art Nuvo glitter paste to add some green glitter, and some Art Nuvo drops to draw some individual strands of grass.  I added some Art Nuvo drops to the sponged sky.  And I added some Art Nuvo Crystal Glaze drops on the eye. Glitter paper frame the little bunny.

The second Technique Junkies challenge is a sketch challenge.    https://techniquejunkies.blogspot.com/2018/03/new-technique-junkies-sketch-challenge.html
The challenge was issued on Monday March 12. Now with a sketch challenge the idea is to give you a starting point.  It is not to replicate it exactly.  So you do not need to have swirls and leaves for instance.   I decided to take my ATC challenge bunny and use it on the sketch challenge.  Over the years, many people have asked me just what do people do with ATCs they make?  I have used in a variety of ways.  Sometimes I use them as an embellishment on  a scrapbook page and sometimes I have used them as the focal image on a card.  I used some scrapbook paper behind my ATC and added a greeting which is a Technique Junkies stamp which is named Kindness Matters - http://techniquejunkies.com/kindness-matters/ .  


I liked the colors in the stripes of the background paper with the bunny.  Very Spring like!

You can get a 10% discount by using the code TJ10Judy on nay product on the TJ website.

Have a wonderful day and get inky while you participate in the Technique Junkies challenges!

Judy Jackson





No comments: