Saturday, June 24, 2017

Chameleon Colortone Pencils



This is the first card I have created for Christmas this year.  Usually I have a simpler design because I mass produce about 125 cards every year.  Cards that are too fussy, are difficult to mass produce do not get made in mass quantities.  This is one of them.  But I recent;y purchased the Chameleon Colortone Pencil (http://techniquejunkies.com/chameleon-colortone-pencils/) and I wanted to try them out.  I think they worked beautifully.

The stencil is from Technique Junkies web store (http://techniquejunkies.com/circle-mosaic-stencil/) and was colored with Art Anthology Colorations sprays (http://techniquejunkies.com/products-and-accessories/art-anthology-products/).  This particular piece was one of those from card parts baskets, and I just thought it went with the colors I used when coloring the images.

The stamped images are from Stampin' Up and are retired.

The Chameleon pencils were easy to  use and blended very easily and very well.  Although they do not say they are made a waxy substance, it appears as though they are. On a previous card, I tried using the Wink of Stella over the colored image, and there was some kind of chemical reaction,  Instead of turning shimmery, the colored image turned white! So now I know to not use those two products together!

Layers of card stock, some bling, and the card is ready to go!

Have a great day and get inky!

Judy Jackson

1 comment:

Debbie Gaetz said...

very nice! I just received my Chameleon pencils and very anxious to try them out! thanks for sharing