Thursday, June 15, 2017

Voice of the Sea!


Today I used the newly released Technique Junkies Seahorses set   - http://techniquejunkies.com/seahorses-set-of-4/ to create my card.  I have no seaweed stand so I free-hand painted the sand and sea weed with Twinkling H2Os.  I also used the Twinkling H2Os to paint the seahorses.  I had no real idea exactly what color seahorses are in real life - I tended to think of them as a tan color.  So I googled seahorses and discovered they can be all kinds of colors depending on what is happening around them.   If they were trying to hide, or look for a mate, or if they were irritated about something their colors would change.

I wrapped a ribbon about the focal image layer and added some stick-on beads for texture and visual interest.

Please remember that you can get a 10% discount by using the code TJ10Judy on your order.  Distress Oxide inks excluded from this discount as they are already discounted.

Have a great day and get inky!

Judy Jackson

3 comments:

Cheri said...

Judy this is gorgeous!!!! Worthy of a frame and a sweet spot on your wall. I love this.

Beth Norman said...

Beautiful Judy. I'm impressed with your drawing skills. Never in a million years would I have thought to make the seaweed and sand like you have. Cheers to you. Hugs.

Hetty said...

What a wonderful card, Judy!